Home » beauty tips » healthy skin » Prevention » Skin Care » This she Hazardous chemicals contained in cosmetics
Ladies do use cosmetics for beauty is a good thing to support your appearance. However it should be noted that not all chemicals contained in cosmetics provide good benefits. Here are the harmful chemicals contained in cosmetics:
1. Parabens - used as a preservative in cosmetics to help prevent the growth of bacteria. Its use is still controversial. Because, this substance was found in tumor cells and breast cancer. Parabens have the ability to slightly mimic the hormone estrogen and has contributed in the development of breast cancer. Leather is also made possible more rapid aging. Reportedly, parabens can lead to DNA damage.
2. Phthalates - as a solvent in cosmetics to be a perfect product. To health, phthalates cause reproductive and developmental toxicity. In the long term can lead to cancer.
3. Triclosan - an antibacterial can disrupt hormone function and cause allergies. Triclosan is not easily biodegradable in water. In addition, these substances contribute to the emergence of bacterial resistance to antibiotics.
4. Propylene glycol - a substance found in detergents, solvents, and so on. Propylene glycol which settles in the body can irritate the skin, headaches, and other health problems.
5. PVP / VA Copolymer Material comes from Petroleum or mineral oil - you can find it in many products used in perfume and hairspray products. This is actually a byproduct of gasoline refining. These substances can clog the pores and decrease lung function.
6. Stearalkonium Chloride This chemical is widely used in hair conditioners and creams, but can cause allergic reactions. Stearalkonium chloride was also made of the same material as that used in fabric softener products.
7. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Commonly used in shampoo and detergent products, function to produce abundant foam. The danger, the womb can cause eye and skin irritation, hair loss, dandruff, and allergic reactions.
6. Methyl / Propyl / Butyl / Ethyl Paraben This content is useful for preventing the development of bacteria that cosmetic products can be durable and long lasting. While much has been known to contain harmful toxic, the content is still widely used in various cosmetics brands.
7. Triethanolamine (TEA) TEA is used in cosmetics which has a function to balance pH and acid levels as a facial cleanser. TEA can cause allergic reactions, eye irritation, and dryness of the skin and hair. If allowed to absorb into the body in the long term, TEA can be toxic to the body.