Ginseng (Panax ginseng) is a plant plays a maximum of about 60 cm that grows in the cool mountains of East Asia. Plant growth is very slow, after years of not more than 10 to 20 cm. Currently, Panax ginseng is widely grown in Korea, Japan, China and Russia's North East. In America there are also other types of ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is used medically, but are considered less effective.
Due to the limited area of cultivation and ever growing, native ginseng root price is very expensive. Many foods and health drinks that claim to have real content of ginseng extract ginseng contains quality. In fact, there is no abortion at all. Therefore, you should not believe it with every claim ginseng.photo content © 2010 Marcelo Träsel | more info (via: Wylio)
Chinese name Gin-seng means "man root" which refers to the appearance that often resemble the human body. Its genus name in Latin Panax comes from the Greek goddess Panacea, who heals all your diseases. Good quality ginseng root is usually derived from plants aged 3-6 years (or more). The older the ginseng root, the more effective and worth its value. Ginseng root contains ginsenosides which is a complex compound of about 25 individual active substances. Ginseng extract containing about 8% ginsenosides.
Efficacy of ginseng
Ginseng is the most famous Asian herb. The use of ginseng in the treatment may be as old as the civilization of China and Korea. The healthful effects of ginseng on the central nervous system, the endocrine system and the immune system has also been proven by many scientific studies.
Here are some health benefits of ginseng for:
- Aphrodisiac (strong medicine man). Ginseng causes an increase in the formation and release of hormones, including sex hormones and because it is a means to increase sexual libido in both men and women.
- Antidepressant. Ginseng can be used to combat stress and mild depression.
- Adaptogen that increases stamina. Adaptogen is a substance that increases the body's adaptation to the mental and physical stress factors. Ginseng increases endurance during physical exercise.
- Deal with complaints of menopause.
- Maintain mental concentration.
- Prevent and cope with atherosclerosis (calcification of blood vessel walls)
- Controlling diabetes.
- Cure hepatitis.