According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2012 there were about 60-90 percent of the population of a country suffering from cavities. And cavities are "investment for chronic diseases," said Dr. drg. Zaura Rini Anggraeni, MDS. How to keep your teeth?
To keep your teeth and mouth healthy, some things - that sometimes sound trivial - needs to be done. Here are tips about how to care for your teeth:
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a toothpaste containing fluoride. When the right time to brush your teeth? After breakfast and before bed.
2. Flossing before brushing teeth-lah
Flossing is a way to clean between the teeth using floss. Flossing will remove residual food stuck between the teeth that brushing your teeth helps to be more effective. When brushing your teeth arrive, make sure to brush with a 45 degree angle on the gum line with gentle movements.
3. Take advantage of toothpicks
If you do not have a dental cleaning thread, you can use a toothpick to clean between the teeth. However, use gently. Use toothpicks will roughly injure your gums. And the wound is appropriate container for bacterial growth.
4. Replace your toothbrush regularly
In order for healthier teeth, replace your toothbrush regularly every three or four months. For electric toothbrush, change in accordance with the guidelines in the user guide. Replacement brush your teeth regularly will help you avoid the germs that may stick in the brush bristles.
5. Cheese consumption
Protein in cheese is excellent for preventing erosion of tooth enamel. Plus, cheese is rich in calcium which also makes your teeth stronger. Do not forget to take vitamin D which helps calcium absorption. Vitamin D can be found in milk, eggs, and fish.
6. Stop stains with baking soda
If you are fond of consuming coffee, tea, or other foods that will leave plaque on your teeth, try to clean your teeth with baking soda twice a month. Use baking soda as toothpaste you use. If the use of baking soda make you irritable, try toothpaste that contains baking soda.
7. Consider food
Some of the food was accused can leave stains on teeth. Several other foods are also claimed to be able to brighten the teeth, such as strawberries. There is speculation that the strawberries have a natural teeth whitener. Therefore, suited to help clean your teeth after consuming coffee or smoking. For more help minimize plaque, try eating apples, pears, carrots, or celery. These foods will increase the production of saliva, which is good for dental hygiene.
8. Take care of the tongue
In order to stay awake breath, brush your tongue every time anyway brushing. The tongue is one of the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath fresh. To clean the tongue, use a scrub or scrubbing the tongue every day.
9. Once a week, gargle with mouthwash. This can help prevent plaque and tartar.
10. Brush your teeth properly, by reaching out to the entire surface of the tooth with the direction of the gums to the teeth.
11. Be careful in using teeth whitening.
12. Choose a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
13. Reduce consumption of foods that contain sugar such as candy, or starchy foods. Leftover food can be attached to the teeth.
14. Consumption of fruits and vegetables that can clean your teeth like apples, carrots, and celery.
15. Limit red wine, coffee, and tea.
16. Quit smoking.
17. Make checks to the dentist every 6 months on a regular basis
Source: From Various Sources