Home » Eyes Healthy » healthy food » Healthy Living » Prevention » Tips and Tricks » Vitamin » Sources of Vitamin A, and Vitamin A deficiency Functions You Need to Know
Vitamin A is always associated with eye health and carrots. This statement is not wrong, because it's one of the benefits of vitamin A to maintain eye health is by improving the integrity of the retina and the vegetables were carrots also contain pro-vitamin A or beta-carotene in the body which in turn is converted into vitamin A. However, you should know that vitamin A has another function to your body's health.
Lack of vitamin A can cause eyes can not adjust to changes in light from outside. Early symptoms of vitamin deficiency in will cause you to hit the state in which night blindness is caused less clear vision at twilight. Given the function of vitamin A for eye health is so important that meet the needs of this vitamin in your body. Vitamin A is not only found in vegetable carrot, but also found in dark green vegetables such as spinach and orange fruits. In addition, vitamin A can also be derived from animals such as milk, liver, cheese, egg yolks and butter.
In addition to eye health, here are some of the functions of vitamin A is beneficial for your health:
1. Vitamin A helps cells reproduce normally commonly called differentiation. If the body does not do will affect the differentiation of pre-cancerous conditions.
2. The second function of vitamin A that can help maintain healthy tissues. Therefore, this vitamin can help the wound heal.
3. Vitamin A is necessary for growth and development of the embryo and fetus, determine which genes in the formation of organs in embryonic development.
4. Vitamin A can help maintain the health and structure of the skin, hair and teeth.
5. Vitamin A can also help overcome skin diseases such as acne.
6. The last function of vitamin A is vitamin A needed in normal reproduction by affecting the function and the formation of sperm, ovaries and placenta.
7. Maintain eye health.
Vitamin A plays an important role in the formation of the sense of sight. This vitamin will help change the molecular signals from the received light beam or retina to be a projection of the image in our brains.
Various Sources of Vitamin A
Comes from yellow corn and wheat
Tubers contain a lot of vitamin A is the sweet yellow, sweet steamed yellow, red sweet potatoes, yams red,
From seeds or beans are peas and beans
Vegetables that contain a lot of vitamin A such as daffodils, spinach, spinach fried chips, bunkil taro leaves, red amaranth, velvetleaf leaf, guava leaf, leaves cashew nuts panjangl leaves and other green leaves, Gandaria, beans, kankung, chinese cabbage , pumpkin, soy pack, princess shy, young ranti, seaweed, mustard, clover, Hintalo eggplant and carrots.
Examples are apples, country, persimmon, mango, papaya, banana, and breadfruit Sowa.
Animal sources of vitamin A derived from chicken, duck, lamb kidney, beef liver, chicken liver, liver sausage, different types of fish (rabbitfish, skipjack, cork, kawalinya, clams, lehoma, malugis, crab, sardines, coral trout, and tuna Titang ), fish eggs and salted eggs.
In addition there are also vitamin A naturally derived dri processed as head of milk, butter, fish oil, palm oil, fish flour and milk powder.
Foods that contain vitamin A High
liver (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish) (6500 mg 722%)
carrots (835 mcg 93%)
broccoli leaf (800 mg 89%)
sweet potatoes (709 mg 79%)
butter (684 mg 76%)
spinach (681 mcg 76%)
spinach (469 mcg 52%)
flask (400 mg 41%)
collard greens (333 mg 37%)
Cheddar cheese (265 mg 29%)
honeydew melon (169 mg 19%)
eggs (140 mg 16%)
apricot (96 mg 11%)
papaya (55 mg 6%)
mango (38 mg 4%)
beans (38 mg 4%)
broccoli (31 mg 3%)
milk (28 mg 3%)
Signs of Vitamin A Deficiency
Ever heard of low birth weight? Must have it. Well, low birth weight babies are going to bring a deficiency of vitamin A. Because infants with low weight, which weight less than 2.5 Kg baby more easily threatened by lack of vitamin A. In the development of the baby's age if not treated immediately get the intake of vitamin A, diseases such as night blindness, corneal xerosis be suffered.
Other diseases such as autoimmune lung disease and ARI (Acute Respiratory Infection). Lung disease is caused by a lack of various vitamins, including vitamin A. Usually autonium disease of the lungs attacks the adults who have the habit of smoking. But it can affect the baby if the lack of intake of vitamin A. Because according to the table of vitamin deficiency, the vitamin A that gives a bigger impact on the body's T cells. T cell immunity is the effect on the body.
Diseases caused by deficiency of Vitamin A
- Hemeralopia that arise due to the decreasing ability of Bacillus cells at twilight
- Bitot spots (damage to the retina)
- Seroftalmia (cornea dries due to disruption of the tear glands)
- Keratomalasi (completely damaged corneas due to reduced oil production meibom)
- Frinoderma (scaly skin of hands and feet due to impaired formation of the skin epithelium)
- Bleeding in the lining of the intestines, kidneys, and lungs because of damage to epithelial organs
- The process stalled growth
Well, it turns out the benefits of vitamin A not only for the eyes just right? Hopefully some of the above it can be helpful to you.